Did I dream this? Help!

I confess that I frequently vividly dream up extremely plausible (but alas! fictitious) things having to do with my research interests (like the time I dreamt that 18th century fashion dolls were actually foldable paper dolls, and I read about this on a website that had a picture of two 1830s women collapsing this doll and her accessories into a flat box...), and I fear this may have happened to me again. I might be having a Paul-McCartney-esque moment (he woke up with the tune of "Yesterday" stuck in his head, but refused to record it before he was convinced that he hadn't just had a song stuck in his head), so I need your help. Did I actually read something to the effect of "as professional conservation grew, collecting and exhibiting on a large scale became prohibitively expensive for museums"?? Or did I dream it? It sounds good, but I need to know if I can cite someone!!!

Comments

Jenny said…
I do this too! Oh dear. I don't really know where that might be but it sounds familiar. I'll have a think. The sentance might be your own, but you may need evidence...
Dr J said…
Or does it sound familiar because it's true so it rings a bell, but no one has ever actually written it before?? GAH! (Google is not helping, BTW.)

Popular Posts