Greetings from Berlin VII

Greetings from Berlin VII

Empty but not empty

One of my favourite places in Berlin is the Haus der Kulturen der Welt, formerly the Congress Hall. I love it because of its clear architecture and sometimes I go there just to drink a coffee and to think. Last Saturday I wanted to do so and just stepped in when the exhibition “Between Walls and Windows. Architecture and Ideology” was opened. Even though there are some artists’ installations spread over the whole house, the core of the exhibition is that curator Valerie Smith decided to empty the building. Signposts, panellings and furniture were removed so that the building itself can be perceived. I find the result stunning and could sense architecture like never before.
Click on the link below the image and you will find a clip describing the exhibition in English. 

Comments

Popular Posts